Friday, September 3, 2010

Valentine's Day

Do you ever judge a movie by its previews? I don't mean by its own trailers--I mean by those they show at the beginning of the DVD. Let's see. Valentine's Day showed previews for Dr. Zhivago and Gone With the Wind, but I was not fooled into thinking this would be an epic love story. And then . . . a preview for Sex and the City 2. Uh oh. But wait . . . there's more! An advertisement for The Bachelor: The Video Game! It was not looking good. Just who is in this movie's demographic anyway? Besides, um, not me?

Well, fortunately it wasn't quite as bad as I was expecting from the previews. It was actually pretty cute. Or at least it wasn't completely stupid. It certainly had its annoyingly inane parts, but happily they were outnumbered by the parts that made me smile. I was actually even surprised by two little parts that I might even dare to call heartwarming. The rest of it was predictable, but sweet. Except for the stupid annoying narrator. Best part: the clips during the end credits.

I can't help but wonder if Patrick Dempsey works juggling into all of his movies. OK, so maybe this was only the second time I've seen him juggling, but it may also be only the second time I've seen Patrick Dempsey in a movie. It wasn't anything as impressive as plates this time, but it was still way more impressive than anything I could have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment