Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Jacket

OK, so . . . I've seen this movie before. I didn't realize it until I was about 30 minutes into it, but yep, been there done that.

This time it's actually fine by me, though, because it's a pretty good movie. It's kind of like one part The Butterfly Effect and two parts The Time Traveler's Wife mixed in with, oh, I don't know, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and a faint whiff of The Fugitive. Not a bad combination.

Man, Adrien Brody has a big schnozz. It's almost as big as that of my ex-brother-in-law, which could quite possibly be used as an umbrella for Rhode Island. And once again Keira Knightley's huge chin got on my nerves. It's a good thing those two didn't have a baby, because it would have had a nutcracker for a face.

If for nothing else, watch this movie just to see the most recent James Bond play a very convincing crazy man. You will be amazed.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this, is it an older movie? You said you had seen it already. And I never noticed Keira had a big chin. You can't miss Adrien's nose, but I still like him as an actor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's from 2005. You'll probably notice Keira's chin in the next movie you see her in, thanks to me. ;) Maybe it's not so much a big chin as it is a strong manly jaw. Either way, it's all I see when I look at her. And I totally agree about Adrien--he didn't let his nose get in the way of doing a good job in this movie. I think you might like to watch it. (The movie, not his nose.) You'll have to let me know if you give it a try.

    ReplyDelete