Monday, September 6, 2010

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

This movie should come with a warning label: DO NOT WATCH WITH A COMIC BOOK FAN UNLESS THEY ARE THE (NON-EXISTENT) TYPE WHO LIKES TO PAUSE THE MOVIE AND ANSWER 'STUPID' QUESTIONS. My husband is not that type of comic book fan. (Did you guess that?) I'm not sure, but he may regret that he chose this movie.

I've never been into comic books, but I have seen all of the X-Men movies. I actually kind of have fond memories of X-Men: The Last Stand because Hud and I went to the theater to see it two weeks before our third child was born. I'm still waiting for the sequel to that one (and if you noticed the chess piece moving at the end, you're probably waiting for the sequel too). According to imdb, I'll just have to keep waiting for it, because they're working on a sequel to this one instead.

This movie seemed darker and less bubble-gum than the original X-Men movie. I also thought it seemed more comic-book-y (I based this opinion on Gambit attacking by tossing a deck of cards like belt-fed Chinese throwing stars) but Hud disagreed. And since he knows comic books far better than I do, I will have to defer to him.

Wolverine is my favorite of the X-Men, but only because under all of that silly facial hair he's still Hugh Jackman. Well, also because he spends a good bit of the movie shirtless or in that nice tight wife-beater you see in the picture. Just look at those shoulders! Oops, I'm drooling.

This movie is for comic book fans. Or Hugh Jackman fans who can manage to block out icky facial hair.

2 comments:

  1. This movie disappointed me since I enjoyed the X-Men movies so very much. I think the movie could have been much better by actually developing the characters instead of just having them look cool momentarily and then forgetting about them.

    And Wolverine (er...Jackman) is sexy sexy sexy. I also ignore the facial hair, or blend it out in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, he is! That is why he is in my Top Five. ;)

    ReplyDelete