Thursday, September 24, 2009

Made of Honor

Not much to say about this movie either (which doesn't surprise me). It's cute, sweet, funny at times, stupid at others. Nice mindless fluff. I snuck this one up to the top of the queue because I wasn't ready to dive right into the run of "movies I don't especially want to watch." I should have picked something a little more worthy, though. Nothing about this movie really makes it stand out from any other romantic comedy (although I did learn that Dr. McDreamy is a pretty awesome juggler. Those Hollywood actor types are just multi-talented, aren't they).

Several times (like during the two kissing scenes) I found that rather than being happy for Tom and Hannah, I was thinking, Oh, poor Colin. Although really, you know the saying about how if something sounds too good to be true, it is? I expected it to come out that Colin was some sort of monster. But it never did. He was just a good sweet (rich!) guy. Of course Tom was rich too so that made it all better, right? How did this chick end up with two millionaires fighting over her and why has that never happened to me? But I digress.

I found another song to download in this movie: "Stop crying your heart out" by Oasis. I just want to know why the heck I have to pay $1.29 for a song that's already 7 years old. I prefer discovering songs that are still obscure enough to cost only 99 cents. And I was proud to recognize "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional towards the end. (Already have it, so I get to listen to that one for free). It rarely happens that I recognize movie music, unless we're talking a movie like Paul Blart Mall Cop which I heard used all 80s hits like "Eye of the Tiger"--I would recognize that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment