Thursday, September 10, 2009

Adventureland

This is the kind of movie that makes me bored with this blog. I mean, it's not like it was a horrible brainless movie, but I'm just not sure I have much to say about it. It was funny, and it was nice that not every single funny part was in the preview; it wasn't just a straight comedy (I guess it would be classified as a romantic comedy) and it had a sweet little story. At least it didn't get all serious and dramatic and depressing like "White Men Can't Jump" (man, the previews for that one sure don't warn you about what a downer it ends up being).

I first saw Kristen Stewart as Bella in Twilight, and it was kind of odd to see she played the character of Em in the exact same way (albeit as a slightly alcoholic pot-smoking cussing young-twenty-something girl who sleeps with married men). Em is what Bella would be like if Edward dumped her and her life fell apart.

My favorite line: after James ridicules the misspelled graffiti that says "Satin Lives," Em says, "One of those textile-worshipping cults, no doubt."

No comments:

Post a Comment