Friday, October 1, 2010

Letters to Juliet

This movie was just gag-me sappy. And yet, against my will, I loved it right from the very first song (Colbie Caillat singing "You Got Me," one which I hadn't heard previously, but I was so proud that I recognized Caillat's voice. I had to download it because it's just impossibly happy.) Too bad that was the only good song. Most of the rest of the soundtrack consisted of pop Italian love songs and Disney-fied orchestral pieces, though I think I recognized Caillat in another song or two.

I'm sure my approval of this movie was largely due to its setting in Italy, which is just too perfect, but even for a predictable chick flick I really enjoyed it. The presence of handsome Christopher Egan didn't hurt either.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this one yet, but I know that I'll probably have the same reaction. Italy is gorgeous and I'm a sucker for the occasional sap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you will enjoy it, as long as you're not expecting the Best Movie Ever. I just wanted to BE Sophie (Amanda Seyfried's character)!

    ReplyDelete