Friday, October 8, 2010

Labyrinth

I don't have much to say about this movie, except that it is firmly rooted in the 80s. If the totally last-century soundtrack hadn't clued me in, I would have known merely because of David Bowie's utter fabulosity.

I'm sure if I'd seen this movie in 1986 I would have loved it. I don't know if I'm too old for it now, or if I'm just spoiled by today's movies, but I wasn't especially impressed. Even Hud's memory of the movie was much better than the actual experience of watching it.

4 comments:

  1. I watched this all the time when I was a kid. Then my Mom watched it with us one time and decided it was too scary for us to watch anymore. So, of course, then it became one of our favorite movies. It is pretty creepy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Wasn't that kind of like closing the barn door after the cat was out of the bag or something? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I loved this when it came out-- haven't watched it since the 80s so don't know what I'd think of it now. Yep, there was a lot of Bowie fabulosity...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just look at those eyebrows! I think they scare me a little bit. Although, really, I suppose a Goblin King should be somewhat scary.

    ReplyDelete