Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reel Culture: The ones I've seen, Part III

The last 10 of the 50 Reel Culture movies that I've seen. These range from 1977 to 1991.

1. Saturday Night Fever. What I remember most is John Travolta swinging those paint cans down the street.

2. Superman. Honestly, I'm not sure I've watched this all the way through, but I'm sure I've seen most of it. I've ordered it from netflix so I can make sure I've seen the whole thing. I want to be able to prove I'm American.

3. Animal House. I might have never seen this if Epstein hadn't put it on my Must See Movies list in high school. That, and Caddy Shack.

4. Apocalypse Now. I don't think my husband would have ever married me if I hadn't watched this with him first.

5. Airplane! Totally corny. Unfortunately, corn makes me laugh.

6. The Shining. One of the creepiest movies I've ever seen. There are a few scenes when I have to cover my eyes.

7. Raiders of the Lost Ark. Speaking of covering my eyes, I always cover my eyes when Indy says to, just before the Nazis' faces start melting. Just in case. Anyway, Indiana Jones is awesome. Harrison Ford is awesome! Just how cool can one man be? Indiana Jones and Han Solo??

8. Blade Runner. My husband likes this movie a lot more than I do. Not that I don't like it. But I do want to read the novel it came from (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick).

9. The Breakfast Club. One of the best "high school" movies ever. I love it! It is hilarious without being gross. Sure, my mom would not approve, but that's part of the fun.

10. Silence of the Lambs. I actually saw this in the theater when I was in high school. Freaked me out so bad that I promised myself I would never, ever watch it again. Though I suppose it does bring new meaning to the phrase, "eat it or wear it" . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment