Friday, August 13, 2010

Duplicity

This movie tries to be the love child of 2001's Ocean's Eleven and 1999's The Thomas Crown Affair. (By the way, did you know both of those were remakes of movies from the 60s?) I must admit it succeeds fairly well. It's pretty much just what the poster claims: "a cool, sexy caper" which heaps deception upon deception.

This movie's weakness is in the unoriginality of its premise. In fact, I was afraid this might be another case where I'd seen the movie before and had just forgotten, but the Corporate Giant Bum Fight on the tarmac at the beginning allayed my fears on that matter. And I give it props for the ending, which was a welcome surprise in that it wasn't exactly what I expected.

What is it about Paul Giamatti that makes me think of Edward Norton turned into a little gnome?


No comments:

Post a Comment