Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Boys from Brazil

This was an unexpectedly good flick! You need to watch it!

I'd never heard of this movie until a guy I work with recommended it to me based on an article I was reading in National Geographic. I'll be kind and not tell you what the topic of the article was, since it would be a pretty big spoiler.

This movie was released in 1978, so don't expect one of today's slick productions, but it was a great mix of the intrigue of a James Bond movie (without Bond himself) and the mystery and suspense of a Hitchcock film. Throw in a few aging Nazis and there you have it.

The film begins with a young Nazi hunter, Barry Kohler, who is in Paraguay to gather information about a group of Nazi war criminals. One member of the group is Dr. Josef Mengele, who was known for his sadistic human experimentation during World War II. Mengele is putting a plan in motion that involves the assassination of a number of civil servants worldwide.

I fear that to tell you more will ruin the story for you, but I need you to watch this movie so you can tell me if you understand the significance of the shark tooth necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment