Saturday, July 31, 2010

Reel Culture: The ones I've seen, Part II

Here are the next ten movies I've seen from the 50 listed in Reel Culture. These range from 1961 to 1977.

1. Breakfast at Tiffany's. I love Audrey Hepburn. This may be my least favorite of her movies, though.

2. The Graduate. I really don't remember much from this movie. I guess my clearest memory is of the wedding interruption scene.

3. Bonnie and Clyde. Don't remember much from this either. Gosh, this makes me wish I had started my movie blog years ago.

4. Easy Rider. I actually watched this during the past year, so I blogged about it here. My main reaction was, "what was the point of that?"

5. A Clockwork Orange. Rather a disturbing movie. Unfortunately the scene that most sticks in my mind is the rape.

6. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I am probably the only person my age on the face of the planet who first saw this as an adult.

7. The Exorcist. In high school once I went to a Scary Movie Sleepover and we watched this. I can't remember which other movie (or movies?) we watched--maybe Poltergeist?

8. Rocky Horror Picture Show. I've never had the full experience, though. Not sure I want to.

9. Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I love this movie. So many quotable quotes. I've seen a couple (but not all) of their other movies and this one's my favorite.

10. Annie Hall. Typical Woody Allen. Is he an acquired taste, or do those who like his work like it the first time they try it?

2 comments:

  1. Monty Python is one of my absolute favorites. My Dad's been quoting that movie since I was 2. I'm with you on Breakfast too. I love Audrey, but she has so many better films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was doing some landscaping around our house I really wanted to tell the greenhouse guy that I wanted to buy a shrubbery but I didn't think he would know what I was talking about.

    ReplyDelete