Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tetro

Would you believe Hud picked this movie? It's the kind he would normally make fun of me for choosing. I'm really not even sure what made him think he would like it. He saw a preview for it and made his decision based on that. I haven't seen the preview myself, but I saw absolutely nothing in the movie that might have caught Hud's interest. Wait, I take that back. I suppose I saw a few of pair of things. But Hud usually chooses his movies based on the number of guns and explosions. I only remember one gun in this movie, and no one even shot it.

I really wasn't in the mood for this movie. In fact, I'm probably not in the mood for anything but a nap. But I can think of two things about the movie that interested me. First, the cinematography during the black and white sequences was beautiful. At times it got a little over-the-top artsy-fartsy, but most of the time it was subtly stunning. Second, the actor who played Bennie (Alden Ehrenreich--never heard of him) reminded me of Leonardo DiCaprio, except slightly less suave and without an abnormally large head.

No comments:

Post a Comment