Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gone Baby Gone

This movie was directed by (as my husband calls him) Ben Afflicted. His little brother Casey stars. (Nepotism, anyone?) Between the two of them, I didn't know what to expect--but, as it turns out, they did a pretty decent job.

I totally think that Patrick made the wrong choice. I mean, if I were Amanda's mom, I would probably disagree with me, but then again, maybe not--since I'm not a white-trash crack ho. It definitely brought up the always interesting "what would you have done?" question. On the other hand, I was annoyed by the, shall we say, "epilogue" which proved me right. It would have been much more interesting if we had been left to wonder.

2 comments:

  1. I own the book, but haven't started reading it yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Yet another movie that I didn't realize started as a book. When you finish reading you need to tell me how it ends--I want to know if the movie followed the book closely or if they changed the ending.

    ReplyDelete