Thursday, October 29, 2009

Baby Mama

A cute, funny movie that made me smile. Before I even watched it, I already knew I would find at least one part of it humorous, because I'd seen a clip of Angie's conversation with Carl where she told him the ultrasound picture he'd found looked like a squirrel. Carl's response? "That's because it was a squirrel. It's the only one I could find on the Internet." Luckily, that wasn't the only funny part. I had been a little worried, because movies with Saturday Night Live people in them can tend towards the stupid (A Night at the Roxbury, anyone? OR... just about any movie with Chris Farley in it??) but I should have known that Tina Fey is too smart to make a stupid movie.

Based on the squirrel ultrasound, I already knew prior to watching that Angie was faking her pregnancy with Kate's baby, but I didn't know it would turn out that Angie was actually pregnant the whole time, so that was a nice surprise. However, I saw Kate's pregnancy coming from a mile away... although it made for such a sweet and happy ending that I didn't care.

It's nice to actually like a movie for a change. I was starting to wonder if I've just become so critical that I can't enjoy watching movies anymore. But now I know it wasn't me, it was the movies. Whew!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this too, but I have a serious crush on Tina Fey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, smart AND funny? What's not to crush on? ;)

    ReplyDelete