Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Haunted Airman

This is a made-for-TV-movie by the BBC. It really wasn't scary at all, although it was quite weird and somewhat confusing, not the least because it's never absolutely clear when the main character is dreaming, hallucinating, or experiencing real life. Oh, and if you happen to suffer from arachnophobia, you might find it quite a bit more creepy than I did. I mean, I wouldn't want spiders crawling on me any more than the next girl, but seeing them in a movie (this one, at least) isn't about to make me jump and scream. The treatment of this movie did, however, make me interested in reading the book, "The Haunting of Toby Jugg."

The main character (Jugg) is played by Robert Pattinson, who I had seen in Twilight. It was nice to see him in another movie, because judging from Twilight I really couldn't decide whether I thought he was a good or bad actor. His portrayal of Edward Cullen didn't seem to be completely consistent. I think he did very well in this movie; but if nothing else, he is a beautiful boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment