Saturday, October 17, 2009

Princess Protection Program

I don't actually have anything to say about this movie (another Friday Family Movie Night selection) other than the fact that the entire thing screams DISNEY. There is just one reason why I am adding an entry to my blog for this movie, and that is Selena Gomez. She is a really good actress! Very believable as a teenage girl in high school. OK, so I don't know how she would deal with a role that forced her to stretch some, but in all seriousness, she has a very natural manner that keeps you from remembering she's acting. Most Disney divas beat you over the head with their subconscious, "I'm acting!! I'm acting! Look at me act!" throughout their performance. Not Selena. I actually first noticed her skill in an episode of The Wizards of Waverly Place that I was forced to endure. She was the only actor in the show, surrounded by over-actors. (You like that term? I made it up. In case you weren't certain, it refers to actors who over-act. Otherwise known as bad actors). It doesn't hurt that she is also super cute. Or maybe, like my friend Jill might have said long ago, she is cute with a pretty twist. I like her! I am looking forward to seeing what kinds of movies she makes if she ever gets away from Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment