Thursday, October 22, 2009

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

One of the better movies I've watched in a while. It's a pretty riveting crime drama, or what happens when people who aren't criminals try to pull off a heist. (It doesn't work well, by the way). It definitely can't be classified as a "dramedy," as there's absolutely nothing funny about it, although with its basic premise you would think it could have been quite humorous. That's just not the direction it went. I'd say this is one of those movies that "they" would call "gritty."

I must admit that about an hour into the movie I looked at the clock and couldn't believe there was still an hour to go, but I didn't look at the time again between then and the end. I think this one was actually worth cutting into my 8 hours of sleep to watch.

Be warned that right from the very first scene you will realize you don't want to watch this movie with your momma, especially if your momma is anything like my momma.

2 comments:

  1. I made it through 26 minutes of this thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had stuck with it you would have gotten to see Marisa Tomei in her underwear. Wait, maybe you got some of that in the first 26 minutes too.

    Now you have me curious as to what precisely made you decide to cut it off at the 26 minute mark!

    ReplyDelete