Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Transporter 3

My faith in Jason Statham is restored. All it took was the first fight scene, where Frank Martin was whooping up on at least 5 thugs simultaneously (of course)... and in the midst of the chaos, he tosses his suit jacket onto a coat rack. Yes, he is super cool. I should have known... two guns in the picture, see? And the second fight sequence was just gravy. First Frank uses his suit jacket, then his tie, and finally his shirt, as weapons... with the nice side effect that he ends up shirtless. He looks mighty good that way! And he ends up taking his shirt off twice during the movie. Bonus! And who would have ever thought of breathing air from your tires if your car becomes submerged in a river? He is super cool, ripped, and smart!

There were a few problems. How did I see the ambulance explosion coming as soon as Malcolm said "not far from the car" but Frank didn't figure it out until it was too late? It also took Frank half the movie to figure out "You're the package" (referring to the girl)--Duh! I figured that out in the first scene. And I was cracking up when Frank got onto a bicycle to chase the car thief. I'm not sure why I can suspend disbelief for the rest of the movie (the fights, the driving--even when Frank came to a sliding stop inches from the edge of the cliff) but not for the bicycle chase sequence. 

Found another good song in this movie! I will be downloading "Wherever You Were" by Holly Golightly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment