Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Rocketeer

I don't know what possessed me to pick out this movie. It's a nice little Disney family movie--you know, the kind I usually pick out for my Friday night movie night with the kids--the kind I usually only half pay attention to as I do laundry and wash dishes or scrapbook. Maybe if I had sat down and paid attention to the entire movie I would have enjoyed it more, but I didn't, and I found it quite boring. I have a feeling that if I *had* watched it with my kids, even they would have found it boring.

When I first started watching, I thought the main character (played by actor Bill Campbell) was quite handsome, and I wondered why I hadn't seen him in any other movies. However, as the movie wore on, I realized he was very dull, and I became glad that I hadn't seen him in any other movies.

One more parting insult: the score (all orchestral, that I recall) was particularly uninspiring and VERY Disney (and not in a good way).

No comments:

Post a Comment