Monday, July 6, 2009

27 dresses

I got exactly what I wanted from this movie (namely, mindless entertainment). There is really nothing important to say about a movie like this, so I just have a few random bits and pieces to mention. 

I remember talking out loud to the movie at least twice. Once I said, "Oh, this is ridiculous," although I can't remember why I said that. The other time it was "This is so corny," when Katherine Heigl's character leaped onto the departing boat at the end. (I mean, was that really necessary?)

Throughout the entire movie I was trying to figure out who played Kevin. As soon as I pulled up James Marsden on imdb.com (before I even saw X-Men in his list of movies) I remembered he was Cyclops. He is kind of like Paul Walker of Fast and Furious "fame": pretty is all there is to him.

Katherine Heigl looks like a cross between Ashley Judd and my friend Jenna K. (who, coincidentally, just got married 5 days ago! Congratulations, Jenna!) 

Surely you can't really spoil a movie like this (and remember I made no promises about keeping spoilers out of my posts) so I have no problem mentioning the 27 dresses at the end. It was a nice twist, and (believe it or not) I didn't see it coming. Blame the wine. 

Favorite quote: "What good is it being appreciated if no one is naked?" Not that I ascribe to that philosophy but it made me laugh. Oh, and I liked it when Kevin told Jane, "Get over here," at the end. That line could have been far more gag-inducing but they actually picked a good one, and Cyclops spoke it well. 

Redeeming quality: the song "Be Here Now" by Ray LaMontagne. I plan to download it from iTunes in the morning. Plus I got all my ironing done while watching. So it wasn't a total loss... although admittedly it may have been a waste of brain cells. I'm sure a few of them died while watching this movie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment