Monday, March 29, 2010

The Big Lebowski

I watched this movie last night and almost didn't post about it because I didn't think I had anything to say. It was mildly funny; I don't know that I ever laughed out loud, but I'm sure I cracked a grin at least a time or two, although I think I rolled my eyes more frequently. I bet Hud was right when he said it would have been funnier if I had been drunk. This movie contains a number of quotable quotes, except for the fact that every single one drops at least 3 F-bombs which renders them useless in polite company. I mean, "Shut up, Donnie" just doesn't have the same zing. Anyway, the level and type of comedy is reminiscent of Raising Arizona (not surprising, as they are both movies by the Coen brothers) but with poor language and naked ladies.

Thought you would enjoy knowing that in Greece, this movie was released as O megalos Lebowski.

No comments:

Post a Comment