Tuesday, March 23, 2010

10,000 B.C.

This movie seemed a little dull to me, even with the really scary ostriches. Of course, it was somewhat better than I expected; I had been worried that 12,010 years ago maybe the cave dwellers hadn't learned English yet, and that the entire movie would be in Early Troglodytese with subtitles. Or, worse yet, that all communication would occur with grunts and clicks. Happily, I was wrong about this.

What I did have trouble with, though, was telling one dirt-streaked, dreadlocked caveman from another. There were a few that stood out in contrast to the others (Shaggy Headed Young Boy, Old Mother, and Blue Eyed Girl) but I really had trouble keeping the others straight. Not that I minded the effort in trying to distinguish one set of perfectly honed biceps, delts and pecs from another.

I also must add that I can't call the entire movie dull. I found that for perhaps the final 20 minutes of the movie I had to sit still and actually watch without simultaneously doing any household chores. This made me wonder . . . if I had done that throughout the whole movie (you know, sat still and paid attention), would I have found the entire thing more interesting? I didn't bother testing the theory. I really don't think I missed much in the first hour and 25 minutes. Anyway, speaking of the ending, I was pretty pissed when Blue Eyed Girl died. All that effort for nothing? But I also immediately had more respect for the movie. Which dissipated as soon as Blue Eyed Girl came back to life. (Shut up. I warned you. I spoil.)

Am I the only one who was just sure it was Emperor Palpatine under that golden veil?

1 comment:

  1. No I found the same thing, I actually had recorded it and fast forwarded some of the middle.

    ReplyDelete