Friday, January 21, 2011

WhiteOut

WhiteOut is what happens when Hud sends me to the Redbox and I try to find something we'll both like. I unintentionally end up with the eighth worst movie of 2009.

In my defense, the Redbox description didn't sound so bad. It described a "shocking mystery" (good, right?) with Kate Beckinsale "racing to solve it" (fast-paced, right?) OK, so I'd never heard of the movie, but that doesn't automatically have to mean it would be horrible.

Unfortunately, this movie is not just a murder mystery. It's a slasher film. Who would have ever thought to set a slasher film in Antarctica?

I just don't care for slasher flicks. Scream was OK, I guess, but that's the only one I'll admit to liking. So, not only do I dislike the genre, but the predictability of this one was just abysmal. The dialogue was so clichéd that Hud and I could quote nearly every line before we heard it. I even guessed what the Russians were smuggling long before it was revealed. (Hours before? Seemed like days.)

Man. Stay away from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment