Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Pope of Greenwich Village

Meh. This movie is kind of in that no man's land between a great movie (which I can rave about) and a sucky one (which I can rip on). I can't remember where I heard of it--was it mentioned in that Reel Culture book? I know it wasn't listed as one of the 50 greatest, but it may have come up in that book anyway.

So. I don't have strong feelings about this movie. I probably wouldn't watch it again. Not many quotable quotes, unless you count "Charlie, they took my thumb!" and when am I ever going to get to use that one? No one especially hot in this movie, although Daryl Hannah was looking pretty trim in her 80s aerobics instructor way, and Mickey Rourke wasn't too bad at that age--but it's ruined by the knowledge of how scary-looking he is now (see The Expendables. Or don't, actually. I'll just show you a picture of what he looked like in that one.)

He certainly hasn't aged like Sean Connery

No comments:

Post a Comment