Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Outsiders

Believe it or not, I'd never seen this movie before. I haven't even read the book yet. I really wanted to read it before watching the movie, but the disc showed up from netflix before I had a chance to find a copy of the book. I previously only had a vague idea about a gang of greasers, and I knew the phrase, "Stay gold, Ponyboy," but that was as far as my preconceived notions of the movie went.

This is a gripping story--almost good enough to make me forget the total cornball music. You know how they're remaking so many movies nowadays, as if they've run out of ideas and just started over again at the beginning? Well, I don't think they should remake this movie, but I do think it needs to be released with an updated soundtrack. I mean, the music is that bad. With better music this movie could be seriously awesome. Even though I get a weird feeling that the choreographed mayhem of the rumble reminds me of Braveheart.

I already knew the book was supposed to be really good, but now I have especially high hopes for it. I bet it might be excellent.


No comments:

Post a Comment