Monday, December 13, 2010

Ramona and Beezus

Would you believe I watched this movie without my kids? I really kind of do have an excuse. They watched it while I was at work this weekend, and it's due back at the library tomorrow (um, make that today) and Beverly Cleary's Ramona books were among my favorites when I was little, so I just couldn't pass it up.

The movie was really cute, but I do have one complaint. Can they not find an actor to play a dad in this sort of movie who is in any way believable? The whole way through, Mr. Quimby (John Corbett) acted like it was the first time he'd ever met his family. At least Ramona (Joey King) and Beezus (Selena Gomez) were absolutely perfect. Once again I've been impressed by Selena Gomez. She's great!

4 comments:

  1. This is one I would watch. Probably catch it on cable though. We rented Knight and Day over the weekend. Pure crap, it was Eric's choice so I didn't feel too bad but he didn't like it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knight and Day had kind of caught my eye but hadn't made it onto my netflix queue yet. Thanks for warning me away from it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric called it a romance disguised as a an action adventure. I call it neither, just foolish fodder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like Hud with Pearl Harbor. He was mad because the previews made it look like a war movie, but it turned out to be all sappy.

    ReplyDelete