Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ladder 49

I'm not sure why I force myself to watch movies that I don't really care to see, but this movie was recommended to me by Billy the Fireman. I kind of felt obligated to watch it. But I've had it out from netflix for a month now, if that tells you anything.

And now I know why it took me so long to bother with it. It's just not my thing. It's like a Lifetime Original Movie with a crappy, Disneyfied soundtrack. I believe Billy when he says this movie is pretty realistic, and he's still my hero and all, but I think I may be a little bit skeptical of his next movie recommendation.

2 comments:

  1. Now I know you just said you don't like this kind of movie, but if you are going to see a movie about firefighters you have to go with Backdraft. Did you see that? It was very good. I am sure Billy would agree.
    I saw this one a while ago and it didn't leave much of an impression, except the very sad ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I have seen Backdraft, though it's been years and I've only seen it once. (I may have watched it in the theater, and it came out in 1991, so with my cinematic amnesia it's a wonder I remember watching it at all.) I did like that one! And liked it *way* better than Ladder 49. But Backdraft kind of had a mystery attached, with that arsonist. And it didn't strike me as a Lifetime movie. ;)

    ReplyDelete