Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Knocked Up

This movie was backwards compared to the usual romantic comedy. The girl and guy are supposed to hate each other until just before the end when they realize they love each other, and then they have a baby. At least this one was unique in that it mixes things up.

This movie was humorous enough, but the only time I laughed out loud (and I'm embarrassed to admit this) is when the gynecologist told Allison, "You do look like your sister!" . . . and he wasn't looking at her face. Although I did inwardly giggle when Pete told Ben, "You look like Babe Ruth's gay brother . . . Gabe Ruth." (You have to say it out loud for it to work.)

It's funny how many of these actors have done movies together before (see Adventureland, Superbad, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, The 40 Year Old Virgin). I must admit this one was much sweeter than I expected it to be, given the other movies this bunch has done together. Honestly, this movie was much better than I thought it would be, mainly because it wasn't near as raunchy or disgusting as I expected. On the other hand, I haven't watched the deleted scenes. I don't plan to. I have a feeling they would change my mind.

Paul Rudd does an awesome DeNiro impression and a terrible Doc Brown impression.

Finally, I just have to mention that I sincerely hope there are not kids out there who believe that a girl can't get pregnant if she's on top just because Jason said so!! You don't have to be Hitler to see that people who are stupid enough to believe things like that are too stupid to be procreating.

No comments:

Post a Comment