Wednesday, February 3, 2010

17 again

This is my first Zac Efron experience (unless you count seeing him in one episode of NCIS). I was surprised to find that he's actually a pretty decent actor. I don't see what all the fuss is over his looks, though. I mean, he's no Brad Pitt. But could you imagine Pitt with Efron's acting skills? Nah, no one should be so blessed.

It annoyed me that Scarlett was the only one who readily recognized that "Mark Gold" looked JUST like Mike O'Donnell looked in high school. I mean, I think if I saw someone who looked just like my best friend in high school, that's the first thing I'd notice. Mark/Mike's high school basketball coach should have noticed (though that wouldn't have added anything to the story) and his best friend from high school should have recognized him right away (although then I would have missed out on the light saber battle). And what, his kids had never seen pictures of him from high school? I know what my parents looked like in high school. On the other hand, I can let it go when I realize that's not the least likely part of this movie.

So: cute, silly, fun movie. Instant classic? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment