Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hitman

All I want to know is, how the heck did this movie get in my netflix queue? It must be a remnant from ancient times when Hud didn't have his own list. It's definitely right up his alley. (Notice the two guns in the picture. Not only that, but apparently this concept started as a video game. Not a very auspicious beginning in my book, but I'm willing to bet that Hud knew that fact before watching the movie, and liked it all the better as a result.)

My goodness, what a lot of exploding heads in just the first 15 minutes. Copious amounts of blood splattered throughout the entire movie. If I had been watching more closely it might have been interesting to time the longest interval between episodes of blood on the walls or the faces of bystanders (the latter of which happened at least three times during the movie, if not more).

I must admit I didn't pay especially close attention to this movie. It's a sad commentary to note that, even so, it was not difficult to follow the plot. I call The Bourne Identity a far superior assassin movie.

Do all sexy Russian girls wear such heavy eye makeup? (Nika the Whore wasn't the first I've seen with some serious raccoon eyes going on. "The Package" in Transporter 3 looked just the same way.) Maybe it's just the girlfriends of Russian mob bosses. But you gotta love when Hitman #47 is dragging Nika out of the restaurant and she resists long enough to reach back and grab the bottle of wine off their table. That would have been me right there. That was the best part of the movie, though. Well, maybe the second best thing; the first being that it was only an hour and 40 minutes long.

No comments:

Post a Comment