Monday, December 14, 2009

Deliverance

I have been avoiding watching this one for a week now. It felt like a required watching assignment. I mean, hasn't this movie already been seen by everyone in the whole world except for me? Hud claims no one's actually seen it--they just know about dueling banjos and squealing like a pig. (Funny thing is, those are the only two things I knew about the movie, too). But I finally got it over with tonight.

Even though I didn't know what they would fill nearly two hours with (other than banjos and pig squeals), I was surprised by the ethical dilemmas presented. There were so many choices made where the right or wrong decision was not clear. You have to wonder if you would have done the same things, and if not, what you might have done differently. Most times it seemed no choice was available other than a bad one or a worse one. All in all, the movie was pretty riveting. Not something I'll ever watch again by choice, though. Not even to see Burt Reynolds' big guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment