Thursday, February 16, 2012

Catching up with mini-reviews

I have come to the conclusion that I will never, ever manage to blog about all of the movies I've watched over the past eight months (even though there haven't been that many), and in order to get past this backlog and get back on the blogging train I need to publish a composite post and be done with it. So here ya go:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two

My son first said it was too loud and there were too many explosions. Just a few weeks later (without re-watching it!) his opinion had changed and it had become the Best Movie Ever. I think I must have liked it, but it was also kind of just obligatory for a Harry Potter fan.


Breaking Dawn Part One

I'm really only watching (and buying!) these movies out of a sense of duty at this point--I've got to finish what I started. This one was about what I expected. That is neither praise nor condemnation.


Source Code

THIS was a good movie. I was afraid it was going to be Groundhog Day, sci-fi style, but it was WAY better than that. It's good! Watch it! I will watch it with you!


The Help 

Excellent book, excellent movie. They captured Minny Jackson to a T. She was my favorite, and she was hilarious. Just as in the book, Hilly Holbrook is the only character without a good side to balance out the bad; but Opie's daughter did a bang-up job in bringing her character to the screen.


Babe: Pig in the City

I do not recommend this movie, whether for adults (it's depressing!) or for kids (they found it boring). I know, I know, it's a sequel and I should have written it off for that fact alone. You definitely need to watch the original, though. It's fantastic.


All Good Things

I honestly don't remember if I even finished watching this movie, and I honestly don't care. But it must have come to an end because, well, you know what they say about all good things. (Hey! Stop throwing your popcorn at me.) Anyway, I remember that some guy (probably, more than likely) maybe kills his wife. I don't remember much more than that. It is based on a true story, though.

Gnomeo and Juliet

The kids liked it. Sorry, that's all I've got.


Chapter 27

An interesting look at John Lennon's last few days through the eyes of his killer, Mark David Chapman (who, by the way, is still alive--did you know that?). The movie's title is in reference to the fact that the book The Catcher in the Rye has only 26 chapters.




Ahhh, I feel much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment