Thursday, February 3, 2011

Peaceful Warrior

This is another one of Those Movies: I have absolutely no recollection of how it got in my netflix queue (did I really put it there?) and I've been utterly uninspired to watch it. In fact, I've had it since mid-December and hadn't even considered watching it until tonight when I decided it was finally time to watch the freakin' thing so I could return it.

The menu looked very Lifetime Original Movie. Not good. But then the movie started off with a pretty freaky dream sequence, and I perked up a little bit. All in all, however, the majority of the movie turned out to be slanted towards cheesy family drama, though there were a few weird moments that I liked. And male gymnasts. In slow motion. So it wasn't all bad.

At least I figured out why I picked this movie (I think). It's because Amy Smart was in it. I really liked her in that stupid movie Rat Race, and ever since I saw that I've wanted to see her in something else. Well, I saw her in The Butterfly Effect and it just wasn't quite the same; and in Crank, where her role was pretty unimpressive except for her hiccup scene (which I bet was accidental, but it worked well so they kept it). She didn't have a very big part in this one, though.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover image. I've never heard of this one either, but men doing gymnastics is not a bad thing. Would have to watch without Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh. It was just kind of meh. You can probably find some gymnastics clips on youtube that would be every bit as good as the gym scenes in the movie, and it wouldn't take as long. :)

    ReplyDelete