Sunday, January 24, 2010

Push

This movie was about as good as I expected it to be, based on the previews. It was a mildly entertaining action flick, a mishmash reminiscent of Bladerunner and The Matrix while not coming even close to their quality.

I was a little disappointed (but not surprised) to find that they don't sell a soundtrack for this movie. I really liked the sound of several songs throughout it. I was able to find some of the songs for sale individually, and bought four that I like.

Not that I didn't have fun watching this movie, but the only other things I can think of to say about it are negative. Some plot holes, but none serious enough to make the movie incoherent. The rainbow-colored force-field special effects were pretty corny. And I hated that there wasn't a real ending. Almost everything was left unresolved, as if it were an episode of a TV show. I think they thought this movie was going to do well enough to make a sequel. We'll have to see whether I can manage to avoid wasting my time on that. #2 is rarely better than #1, and if #1 is only mediocre, I can only imagine how bad #2 will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment