Thursday, November 26, 2009

Get Smart

Does it make a movie funnier if you have someone to watch it with? I laughed harder (and more often!) at Get Smart than any comedy I've seen in a long time. Even though it was really corny. (That's what Hud said about it, anyway). Maybe I'm just happy from all the tryptophan I ingested for Thanksgiving. No, wait, tryptophan makes you sleepy, not happy. I knew it was one of the dwarves, anyway.

I really think it's Steve Carrell's fault that I found this movie so hilarious. See, if I try to imagine Jim Carrey in the role as Max Smart I just get all annoyed. But Carrell, with his unexpected deadpan humor, is right up my alley. Although I must say I can't understand why they bothered to have Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in this movie when he never even once takes his shirt off.

No comments:

Post a Comment