Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Vicky Cristina Barcelona

Initially I had no interest in watching this movie, but a few months ago my nephew's girlfriend mentioned that she had seen it and liked it. Now that I've seen it I wish I could have been there to cover her eyes and plug her ears! No, it wasn't really that bad, but it's one of those movies I wouldn't be caught dead watching with my parents. I would have had to cover my mom's eyes and plug her ears, that's for sure.

Leave it to Woody Allen to come up with a weird gimmick like an unrelated male narrator throughout the movie, effectively turning this into a faux-documentary on lust among people who can't control themselves because they are just like dogs.

Interesting side note: If Woody Allen had had a part in this movie, he would have played uptight, overanalyzing, neurotic Vicky. In fact Vicky was just a female and attractive Woody Allen in this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment