Saturday, March 5, 2011

I Am Number Four

OK, so this movie was pretty corny. I kind of can't believe I went to see it in the theater. It's just a bunch of pretty people, some of whom are apparently highly-developed alien lightning bugs with flashlights in their palms, being chased by weird-faced shark people and their pair of flying-squirrel-dinosaurs they keep locked in a shipping container on the back of an eighteen-wheeler.

I blame Hud. He picked the movie. Well, it was one of two I offered to him. It looked like either this one or Unknown would be the only two that would fall into the overlap of our Movie Appreciation Venn Diagram circles. We should have picked Unknown.

The last 20 minutes, an action sequence that results in total destruction of the high school, were pretty decent. I know Hud enjoyed that part. But it didn't quite make up for the other 84 minutes.

Yeah. And there's going to be a sequel.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! My husband and I have those same Venn Diagrams. :)

    I can't decide on this one. Sometimes it's nice to watch pretty people do action-packed things, but I have to be in the right mood so the inanity doesn't get to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your estranged twin, I will recommend that you wait and rent this one (if you watch it at all). I totally agree about the pretty people and the action--but keep in mind that in this one, there's really not much action until the last 20 minutes! Oh, I guess there was a little bit in the first five, too, but that's about it . . . it's not a *horrible* movie, but I can pretty well guarantee you won't find it especially satisfying, even if all you're expecting is pretty and action. ;)

    ReplyDelete