Friday, June 18, 2010

Casanova

This was a fun little movie that reminded me of a Shakespearean comedy crossed with a Jane Austen book, although--would you believe it? it's basically a true story. I guess I previously didn't really know that Giacomo Casanova was an actual historical figure. Now I want to read his memoirs, which are oh-so-originally entitled "The Story of My Life."

Great costumes, bittersweet to watch the late Heath Ledger, and all in all a nice way to spend a couple of hours on the way home from our road trip. (Don't worry, I wasn't the one driving.)

2 comments:

  1. Just watched this one again. It WAS bittersweet to watch Heath, he was alive the first time I watched it. A fun movie. I didn't realize that was Sienna Miller until the very end. She can look quite different in her roles. The "virgin", played Anne Boleyn on The Tudors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not watched The Tudors. Is it like a Philippa Gregory novel come to life?

    I totally agree about Sienna Miller. She's like a chameleon. Like Edward Norton but pretty.

    ReplyDelete