Tuesday, October 30, 2012

License to Drive

Man, this was a stupid movie. Maybe if I'd seen it when it first came out (I was fourteen!) I would have loved it. But now that I'm old and crotchety, I guess I'm well past the age where I might have appreciated this drivel. It's certainly nowhere near Clueless caliber.

Dull plot and lackluster script aside, not even The Coreys were enough to rescue it for me--not least because they weren't anywhere near as cute as I remember. Although I suppose it shouldn't bother me a bit that I no longer find teenage boys attractive.

The best parts about this movie: Corey Haim's old, pregnant mom (who, by the way, I recognized from The Princess Bride; I wish she'd had the same line in this movie: "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!") who reminded me of me, and the fact that now I can remove License to Drive from my netflix queue. One down, 290 to go . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment