Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Morning Glory

After years as a netflix subscriber, I'm celebrating a new development: I can finally watch netflix movies on my TV! So what do I do? I impulsively watch a movie that wasn't even in my queue.

And what did I find? A stereotypical and saccharine romantic comedy with no surprises, wrapped up in a package that can only be described as  "heartwarming".

But Harrison Ford was in it!! I thought surely that had to count for something. Even if he was channeling the gruff-voiced and serious-faced Clint Eastwood instead of the dashing young Han Solo. But I thought wrong.

OK, it wasn't horrible. But it was formulaic and conventional and unexceptional and I should have gone to bed two hours ago instead.

I'm wondering if it was intentional that the network call sign was ibs? After watching this movie I feel I may be suffering from a bit of that myself. Or, more likely, a diabetic coma. This movie is not a fiber donut.

2 comments:

  1. Funny about the IBS thing...I noticed that when I saw this movie too...my mother in law wanted to go see it in the theater...just think how sick to your stomach you would feel if you shelled out eight bucks (at a matinee) to see that one!
    Don't you love the fact that you can watch netflix on your tv? I have to get rid of my mail subscription because I only watch streaming now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO love that I can watch netflix on my TV!! I, unfortunately, "can't" cancel the mail subscription because I have 301 DVDs in my queue, and only 58 of them are available by streaming. :( I really wish they had a better selection available for streaming!!

    WOW, eight bucks for a matinee?? I guess that is one good thing about living in Podunk USA: the matinee here is still only $6 (and $5 for the early bird!) but yeah, if I'd had to pay anything at all for this one, I wouldn't have been happy about it.

    ReplyDelete