Sunday, May 22, 2011

Black Swan

WOW, this was a good movie. I mean, it's always fun to watch a ballerina go insane, right? And Natalie Portman does it to perfection.

I've always thought Portman was beautiful (though maybe not so much in this movie poster), but I've never been as impressed with her acting as in this film. Those Star Wars prequels didn't quite do her justice. In fact, it wasn't just her acting--I don't think any of the other films she's been in have been as good as this one. Closer was pretty good, but this one's better.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't really have any desire to see this, but you are not the first to say it is a very good movie. I guess I'll check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, this was weird, not at all what I expected. But definitely a good watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I'd wanted to watch it pretty much since the first moment I heard of it--maybe because I kept hearing how weird it was! What did you hear that initially kept you from wanting to see it? Glad you found it a good watch, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just her dancing frantically, didn't look interesting. But I hadn't heard anything about it.

    ReplyDelete